In a move aimed at providing greater flexibility and convenience to students in the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, the authorities have decided to extend the date and duration for certain online activities for the academic session 2023-24. This extension, approved by the relevant authorities, will facilitate the migration-cum-eligibility process for candidates and allow changes in subjects. The extension period, from 13th to 17th November 2023, provides an additional five days for students to complete these essential tasks.
Extended Online Activities:
The following online activities have been granted an extension:
- Migration within the Territory:
- Migration of candidates/students within the same district, from one district to another, and even from one division to another is now open for a prolonged period.
- Aggregate fee applicable for migration is Rs. 15,000/-. After the extension period, a fine of Rs. 1,085/- will be imposed in addition to the applicable fee.
- Migration from Other Recognized Educational Boards:
- Students migrating from other recognized educational boards to this particular Board can now complete the migration process online.
- The migration fee is Rs. 15,000/-. After the extension period, a fine of Rs. 1,915/- will be applicable in addition to the migration fee.
Offline Change of Subjects:
In addition to the extension of migration-related activities, students who have migrated from other educational boards to this Board have the opportunity to change their subjects during the specified period. This change of subjects can be processed offline, and an aggregate fee of Rs. 15,890/- per candidate is applicable.
Online Service Details:
All the aforementioned online services will be accessible through the official website jkbose.nic.in starting from 13th November 2023.
Significance of the Extension:
The decision to extend the date and duration for these activities reflects the commitment of the authorities to cater to the diverse needs of students in the region. This extension is particularly beneficial for students who may require additional time to complete the migration process or decide on a change of subjects.
The move is also aligned with the broader objective of creating a more student-centric and adaptive academic environment. By allowing candidates to migrate within the territory or from other recognized boards and facilitating subject changes, the educational system becomes more accommodating to individual needs and preferences.